Monday, January 31, 2011

You Made That?

I absolutely love it when someone asks me, "You made that?"

I love the feeling that I get when I create something unique from something that I bought at a Thrift Store for $1.00!

I get a smile on my face when I give a handmade gift to someone and they truly love it.

Don't you?

I have been a stay at home mom for 7 years now. I really am appreciative that I have been able to stay with my kids for this long. Now that my youngest will be starting Kindergarten in the Fall, I find myself asking myself what I want to be when I grow up. I know, I know...I have been a grown up for a long time now! One of my biggest fears is that I will have to get an awful full time job and get paid peanuts for wages. I can't let that happen to me! When would I get to make things???


My most recent endeavor is "upcycling" Capri Suns into handbags, wallets, aprons, etc. I have been collecting them at my son's school and selling the creations as a fundraiser. Check them out at: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Made-by-Mel-Upcycle-the-Sun/170968899589222






My goal is to create a useful and fun blog that will help other moms (and anyone else) create things. I have started compiling a bunch of really great and very simple dinner recipes as well.

To be continued...

No comments: