Friday, May 6, 2011
Teacher's Appreciation Week Gift - Mod Podged Clipboard Tutorial
Of course I waited until Thursday night to decide what I was going to make for my son's teacher for Teacher's Appreciation Week! Well, I just finished this super cute clipboard!
I bought a clipboard at a thrift store about 3 months ago for $1.00 and finally got around to using it. I used 2 coordinating pieces of scrapbook paper, some grossgrain ribbon and Mod Podge.
The how to:
1. Measure the clip board and cut the paper to fit the lengths you want to cover. You may want to use an exacto knife to cut around the metal clip part.
2. Brush some Mod Podge over the clipboard and stick the first paper to it. I use my finger to smooth the air bubbles out. Then brush some more Mod Podge on top of the paper and smooth it out as well.
3. Repeat with the second piece of paper. I overlapped the papers, but you could cut and line them up as well.
4. Using scissors, round the edges of the paper to match the rounded edges of the clipboard.
5. Cut small pieces of ribbon and tie them on to the clip.
That's it! This makes a super easy, cheap gift! I had all of the supplies, so it cost me nothing to make.